Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Project Eats 2017 Meet the Vendor: Gusti Di Sicilia

The Jersey City Project's Project Eats 2017 is back on 6/24 and 6/25 with new vendors and returning favorites, all ready to serve up some delicious, indulgent eats. To help get you ready, I'm excited to be collaborating with The Jersey City Project to spotlight some of the vendors from this year's Project Eats, learning more about their business, their food, and what they love about Jersey City.

Meet Gusti Di Sicilia, a frequent vendor around Jersey City who focuses on homestyle Sicilian cooking. 
Photo courtesty of Gusti Di Sicilia FB


How did Gusti Di Sicilia get started?
Gusti Di Sicilia started back in 2015. I am a chef who loves to bring my authentic Sicilian food to new places and Gusto Di Sicilia means a little taste of Sicily/ Italy.

What is the inspiration behind your food? 
My food is authentic Sicilian which has many different flavors. My food will make you feel that you are in Sicily and I work to make you feel that you have the opportunity to taste Sicily without traveling to this beautiful part of Italy. 

You take a lot of pride in the authenticity of your menu. Where do your recipes come from?
My recipes come from the old times, my grandmother, she was an excellent chef. The food that I sell is traditional food she made that in the old ages was the main course on the table.

With family recipes, they're often very personal. Do you have a favorite menu item?
My personal favorite menu item is the Arancini (Rice Balls) - it is an authentic menu item from Sicily and it has different fillings and flavors.

Thank you to Gusti Di Sicilia and make sure to check out all their Sicilian specialties (including some tiramisu) this Saturday and Sunday at Project: EATS

No comments:

Post a Comment