- Last weekend, Cool Vines launched their second collaboration with Transmitter brewing, CV2 - a bottle conditioned saison aged for a year and then conditioned on top of bluberries. They'll only have 348 bottles available for sale.
- New Caribbean-inspired restaurant Harry's Daughter has opened in the former Nu Bar space at 339 Communipaw. They're still in the soft open phase, but expect to be open permanently soon.
- Dark Side of the Moo is celebrating their second anniversary on Saturday, 11/25 with $2 deluxe cheeseburgers and veggie burgers and $2 off any game burgers or the alligator sausage sandwich.
Monday, November 20, 2017
Thursday, November 16, 2017
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Thanksgiving is coming up quickly so here's your guide on where to order your turkey, sides and desserts or where to simply make reservations in Jersey City.
Eating At Home
If you're looking for a raw turkey to prep and cook yourself, there are a couple of good local options:
- Bone-In is offering two kinds of farm-fresh turkeys, a heritage breed for $8.50/lb and a broad-breasted for $7/lb. A $25 deposit is required which will be applied to the total cost of the turkey. They also have a variety of vegetables available for order.
- Moloney's Meat Market in Journal Square has fresh turkeys ranging in size from 9-34 lbs.
Monday, November 13, 2017
- This Saturday, join LITM as they celebrate their 14th anniversary with a Disco Party. They'll have retro cocktails, cake and a champagne toast, a DJ spinning disco, and $7 specials. The festivities start at 5pm and while disco wear is encouraged and celebrated, it is absolutely not required.
- Porta is hosting a "Crafts and Carafes" Thanksgiving decoration-making event for both kids and adults next Thursday, 11/16 at 6:30pm.