Disclaimer: These doughnuts were provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback. However, I was not asked to write a post and all opinions and thoughts are my own.
If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you've probably seen me bemoan the lack of quality donuts in the area on more than one occasion. However, I have some exciting news - The LoDG is here to change all that.
Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Monday, February 26, 2018
Community News: Ai Pho and Vermicelli Now Open, Cider and Cheese Pairing, Girl Scout Doughnuts and More
|New Thanh Hoai|
- Per JC Upfront, new Vietnamese restaurant Ai Pho and Vermicelli is now open at 515 Avenue in the space formerly occupied by Big Chef.
- Hidden Grounds is now carrying Dough Doughnuts on the weekends (which if you've never had them, are huge and delicious) and a selection of special treats from WHOS Gluten-Free on a daily basis.
Friday, February 23, 2018
Wednesday, February 21, 2018
Monday, February 19, 2018
- Corgi Spirits is enhancing your brunch drinking experience. Beginning this Sunday, they will have a food truck on site all Sunday to cover your brunch dining desires while they handle the drinks.
- Buffalo Boss, a wing spot owned by Jay-Z's cousin and financially backed by Jay-Z, is expanding into Jersey City. There are currently three locations open in New York and this will be the first New Jersey location. Buffalo Boss is known for their variety of 12 sauces which range in flavors and heat levels. It is scheduled to open at Newport Centre later this month.
Thursday, February 15, 2018
Wednesday, February 14, 2018
|Photo from Hooked JC|
Monday, February 12, 2018
|Photo from The Royal|
- The Royal, a new gay bar, opened this past weekend for the first time to the public. Located at 100 York Street in the former Lisbon space, The Royal is owned by the same team as Buddy Who's, located next door. They're still in soft open mode, but expect to have their Grand Opening within the next few weeks.
- Caribbean spot Harry's Daughter is launching brunch next Sunday. They haven't introduced the menu yet, but it looks like fruit-topped french toast will be there and if the dinner menu is anything to go by, we can expect some spicy and delicious meals.
Saturday, February 10, 2018
No matter how you want to celebrate Valentine's Day this year, Jersey City has you covered. Here's your guide to some of the best Valentine's Day Events and Dinners in town:
Porta is hosting their Second Annual Galentine's Brunch this Saturday beginning at noon. They'll have special red brunch items like red velvet waffles, specialty cocktails, movies, a DJ, games like MASH, a braid bar by The Hair Room, and more.
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Monday, February 5, 2018
|Photo from The Hudson Kitchen|
- If you're interested in starting your own food business, join The Hudson Kitchen and Hudson Community College for a one day Food Business Bootcamp, created specifically for new entrepeneurs and food startups. The class will cover everything from state regulations to how to make a business plan to pricing for profitability. Tickets are $225 but use code 50OFF to receive a $50 discount.