Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Scenes from Downtown Jersey City Farmers’ Market

Monday night, I took some time to wander around the Farmers' Market outside the Grove Street Path.  I love the Farmers’ Market and make it a point to do some shopping there whenever I can. It’s grown a huge amount over the past few years and I love seeing the variety of stands and vendors that show up.  Here are some samples of what can be found:



Choc-O-Pain was there, advertising their store-front, and selling some very tempting-looking pastries.

Various produce available from the farm stands – they really offer good quality produce and I love being able to pick from what’s in season and see how fresh everything is. I saw tomatoes, cherries, sugar snap peas, kale, onions, potatoes, rhubarb and so much more. FYI, Stony Hill offers weekly pick-ups of boxes of mixed produce for those who are interested in a CSA type arrangement.
  




They also sell different bakery items which always pique my curiosity….


In addition to the farm stands, there’s a variety of food stands and trucks, small vendors selling specialty items (pickles, plants, salsa etc.), and usually a few non-food related vendors as well. There's always something to see, and more importantly, something to eat!


While I was there, I couldn’t help but notice that the Bistro has opened for business as Seen in Jersey City reported over the weekend and it was hopping!  A lot of people eating, drinking, and enjoying the warm Monday night weather.
 
The sign didn’t give much information as to what was available but it certainly seems like what they had was eagerly received!  I’m crossing my fingers that this will be a welcome addition to the downtown happy hour/evening scene.

The Downtown Farmers' Market is outside the Grove Path every Monday and Thursday night (unless they state otherwise) from about 4pm until 8pm and well worth visiting. They'll be back this Thursday with more vendors, including Lizzmonade.  Check my twitter to find out other possible attendees as Thursday draws closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment