Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Another Winner From Razza

A few days ago,Razza announced via twitter that they were bringing back their roasted pumpkin pizza, complete with a mouth-watering picture. Having somehow missed this on the first go-around and having an already proven love for Razza, I knew I didn't want to miss this opportunity again.

However this time around, I found myself with not a lot of time and too many things to do, so instead of missing my chance, I decided to just order take-out which was my first time doing so. I love the dining experience at Razza....but it's really nice to have this option as well. Along with the roasted pumpkin pizza which was listed on their everyday menu, I got their Kale Caesar Salad which is always delicious and remains one of the best kale salads I've ever had.

I was happy to find the dressing for the salad had been packaged separately so that it didn't get soggy and that the small box hid a surprisingly large amount of kale, along with plenty of fresh parmesan. I do highly recommend mixing everything together in a large bowl in order to fully incorporate and distribute all the ingredients, especially since the dressing is a bit thick. If you try to be lazy by putting it on a plate and trying to kind of drizzle/mix, you will end up with kale flying everywhere (as I did learn the hard way).

As for the pumpkin pizza, it was piping hot when I received it, but by the time I walked home in 20 degree weather...not so much. However, after putting in the oven for a few minutes to warm it up, it was totally fine and I was really impressed by how well the pizza held up. The crust was still nice and crispy with a good amount of chew and no discernible sogginess. The pizza has roasted potato with shaved onion and finely ground breadcrumbs that seemed lightly seasoned and the total combined effect is fantastic.
 
 
The pumpkin is roasted to tender perfection, slightly sweet but with the deep, rich flavor of good olive oil preventing it from being candy-sweet. It makes a fantastic contrast to the creamy mozzarella and the slight sharpness of the almost melt-in-your-mouth thin onions. The breadcrumbs add a bit of a textured crunch and a little more herb and olive flavor. Every bite is just slightly different in flavor than the one before while still having all of the same overall tastes and all being incredibly satisfying.
 
All in All
The roasted heirloom pumpkin pizza is another great menu item from Razza. The pumpkin is comforting and wintry but also unique and most importantly, delicious. It's also reassuring to know that the food doesn't suffer at all for being take-out instead of enjoying it right then and there in the restaurant. I don't know if this was my favorite pizza from Razza (I haven't been able to pick one yet) but it certainly ranks pretty high up there and is well worth trying while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment