Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Third & Vine Now Open!

Last weekend, Third & Vine, a wine and cheese bar that also carries small plates, quietly opened up in the Village section of Jersey City.



I went to check it out within the first few days and while I'll hold off on posting any real reviews until they've been open a bit longer and I've had the chance to try more, I did want to at least let you all know this place is up and running and share some pictures.


Located at 353 Third Street, basically across the street from Union Republic, this is a very intimate and cozy restaurant but with an open feel. There are long tables available for large parties or for sharing, a beautiful long bar that allows for great interaction, and a feeling of slightly rustic and simplistic elegance that works well for a date or friends catching up. It's clear this restaurant is a labor of love and the staff/owners are happy to answer questions, make suggestions, or just chat about what they're doing.

                  Arugula, beet, and goat cheese salad                          Meatballs in tomato sauce on top of polenta

This is the kind of place where you should absolutely ask for suggestions and recommendations, but feel free to also share your own tastes and favorites to help make sure you get what you love. I didn't specify at all and ended up with a wine I really didn't like, impacting some of the meal. But truthfully, that's on me as I basically said any full-bodied red, not specifying beyond that and also hadn't picked out any food. I'd actually recommend having one of their wonderful sounding cocktails or a single glass of wine as an aperitif while you look over the menu and then ask for wine/food recommendations once you've got a bit more of an overall plan in place.

It's great to see another new addition in Jersey City, especially one with this kind of menu. They're open from 5pm - 12am weekdays except for Tuesday and 5pm-2am weekends and credit cards are accepted. Stop by and give them a try!

3 comments:

  1. From your second sentence it doesn't sound like you enjoyed your first visit. Is this true or am I reading to into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jason - I generally try not to do a full review of a restaurant within the first week or two of opening because I just don't think it will be a fair representation of the experience and this visit was within the first couple of days.
      I will say there were a couple of things I wasn't crazy about, but I definitely enjoyed my overall experience and really feel this place deserves a much more thorough write-up than I could do from my initial visit.

      Delete
    2. Makes sense, I agree. Just trying to get a feel of initial reactions. I'll give it a shot soon.

      Thanks.

      Delete