Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Event Recap: Project Earth


This past Saturday was The Jersey City Project's first event of the year, Project: Earth, and it was fantastic! Besides giving me my first sunburn of the year (a sure sign of spring), the event also had tons of people, dozens of vendors from Jersey City and beyond, and lots and lots of delicious food.


Showcasing small and local businesses around Jersey City, the outdoor market had a heavy focus on earth-friendly items and products including organic bath items, reusable bags (I ended up picking up a pack of the produce ones), planting, and eco-friendly living, including a big Stop The Drop art project as part of the city's campaign against littering. These are just samples of everything that was there.


Beyond the wonderful craftsmanship and creativity that was on display, there was also plenty of amazing food to eat. Vendors from all around Jersey City were there to feed the crowds and they did an amazing job.



I honestly can't even list everyone that was there, but there was something for everyone. Mordi's, the new schnitzel truck was there and after having seen people walk around with their sandwiches, I can't wait to try them. I did try Battello, another recent addition to Jersey City, and their samples of ricotta gnocchi with sausage and a shrimp polpette were delicious. Definitely incentive to go visit the restaurant.


 
It was nice to get smaller plates from Battello, as there was plenty more I wanted to try. We also got buffalo chicken meatballs from Incrediballs, a ramen burger (in this case, it was a bit more of a slider which was perfect considering we weren't making a meal out of it), and the always delicious three sisters veggie burger from Jersey City Veggie Burger.


 


And of course, there was no way to finish off a day like that except with a stop by Milk Sugar Love for a refreshing dessert which came in the form of S'mores Ice Cream and a (giant! delicious!) Chocolate Chip Cookie sandwich with Stumptown coffee ice cream. After my friends picked those up, I also decided to get one of each of the macarons on the table for later and this was a very, very good decision even though I accidentally crushed one.



Again, trust me when I say I'm just scratching the surface of everything delicious and fun that was there. Luckily, there will be plenty more projects after this one, so start marking your calendars now!

No comments:

Post a Comment