- Van Hook Cheese opened their grilled cheese-focused outpost near Hamilton Park at 232.5 Pavonia Ave over the weekend. They'll be open from 11am-7pm during the week and 11-6pm on Sundays initially and hours are subject to change.
- Baonanas announced they'll be opening up their first official storefront later this year! They have a spot in the West Side/Bergen Lafayette area and are hoping to open by November or December.
- Congratulations to Razza on being named the second best pizza in the country, according to The Daily Meal. They specifically called out Razza's Bufala Pizza made from water buffalo in Sussex County. Dan Richer, owner of Razza, also recently sat down with Justin Naylor of Old Tiago Farm for an interview.
- Head to Frankie this week for Natty Wine Week (natural wine), being held in partnership with multiple restaurants and bars across the city. From Oct. 1st-Oct 7th, they'll be offering 2-for-1 natural wines and other tasting specials.
- NJ.com recently explored and ranked 50 of Jersey City's bar, spanning neighborhoods, types, and menus. #50 was Barge Inn while the #1 Bar was Pet Shop.
- Ani Ramen is hosting their Third Annual Slurp. Sip. Repeat. Ramen Eating Competition this upcoming Saturday, 10/6 from 3-5pm.
- This Thursday, join Satis Bistro for their Oktoberfest celebration, Prost With Friends. There will be authentic beer tasting and hors d'oeuvres. Tickets are $45/person and the event begins at 7:30pm.
- Milk Sugar Love has brought back their excellent hot chocolate for the season. You have your choice of housemade vanilla bean marshamllows or whipped cream.
Monday, October 1, 2018
Community News: Van Hook Outpost Now Open, Baonanas Storefront Coming Soon, & more