Pages

Friday, August 12, 2016

Get to Know Eater: Ariel

Welcome to "Get to Know JC Eater" where every week I post a profile of a local resident sharing where and what they love to eat in Jersey City.  This site is meant to be useful to the community so what better way to do that than involve the community itself? If you'd like to be featured, please leave a comment below or email me directly.

This week's JC Eater (and her dog) are newcomers to Jersey City who are looking forward to finding all the best vegan eats. 

What's your name? 
Ariel :)


Where in Jersey City do you live? 
I don't know Jersey City well, but according to an image I found on Google, I live in the "vinyl siding, Catholics, dive bars, and destitute hipsters" part of town.... Historic downtown? 

Do you have a favorite non-food spot/area in Jersey City? 
I love hanging out in Word Cafe for some unique book options and Bangkok tea. Enos Jones Park is behind where I live, it's great for people-watching and going for a stroll. 

Do you follow a specific dietary lifestyle? 
I am a *Super Vegan!*

What are your favorite places to eat in your neighborhood? 
Can't really go wrong with the guac at White Star, and I love their salsa. Tea NJ and Seven Sheep Coffee have great food and drink options for vegans and non-vegans.

What are your favorite places to eat in Jersey City overall? 
Sawadee has some really taste curries! When I just want a drink or a little snack, The Big Straw is perfect. Ibby's Falafel has good eats, and their hot sauce is mighty tasty.

Is there a particular dish in Jersey City that's your favorite or that you find yourself recommending over and over? 
I'm still looking for a favourite meal, but I tell everyone to go to Two Boots Pizzeria at least once... twice if you're drunk.

What kind of restaurant would you love to see in Jersey City that isn't here already? 
We're lacking on the Ethiopian food.... Come on, JC, we're waiting!

Any other info you want to put? 
Just keep checking out those food trucks, guys. The more you support them, the more they can feed us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment