This site is meant to be useful to the community so what better way to do that then involve the community itself? If you'd like to be featured, please leave a comment below or email me directly.
Get to Know JC Eater: Joel Maffei
This week's JC Eater is a long time supporter of the blog who's made some great recommendations that have never steered me wrong and who knows his burgers.
What's your name?
Where in Jersey City do you live?
Do you have a favorite non-food spot/area in Jersey City?
I love biking and lounging in Liberty State Park.
Do you follow a specific dietary lifestyle ?
I attempt a paleo diet about twice a month.
What are your favorite places to eat in your neighborhood?
1. Chiko's Deli - great Cuban sandwiches and pernil.
2. The Grind Coffee - La Colombe coffee and all sorts of delicious pastries.
3. O'Leary's - funky bar food and a sick patio that's both pet and cigar friendly.
4. Graze and Braise - tasty paleo meals via fastboydelivery or takeout.
5. Lafayette Corner Store - fresh produce, bomb sandwiches, and a surprisingly delicious burger.
6. Nick's Coffee - a simple Greek-owned, greasy spoon diner. Last of a dying breed.
What are your favorite places to eat in Jersey City overall?
1. Razza - Probably my fav restaurant in JC, pizza doesn't get better than this.
2. dullboy - DEFINITELY my favorite bar and the bone marrow burger is dear to my heart.
3. Satis - favorite fancy-ish date spot in town.
4. Andreas Salumeria - I dare you to find a better Italian sandwich anywhere.
5. New Thanh Haoi - Rude service is the norm, but the Vietnamese fare here is cheap, authentic, and crazy good.
6. Neptune Bakery - Open 24 hrs, so you can get their famous egg custard cups at if you like.
Is there a particular dish in Jersey City that's your favorite or that you find yourself recommending over and over?
The penne vodka at Carmines is crack.
What kind of restaurant would you love to see in Jersey City that isn't here already?
There's no Haitian food in JC, I'd love to see someone remedy that!
Any other info?
Social media: @nemobeatz
Special project: I'm an organizer for Pacific Flea, an outdoor market, that is open every 2nd sat of the month from April to October at 149 Pacific Ave. in Jersey City (ed. note - tomorrow (6/11) is the date for June's Pacific Flea and it's a special edition, taking place at the Riverview Jazz Festival). We feature tons of great antique, vintage, and craft vendors, as well as live music/ djs, food trucks, and more. Check us out at pacificflea.com and @pacificflea on social media!