Pages

Friday, October 14, 2016

Get to Know JC Eater: Michael

Welcome to "Get to Know JC Eater" where, every week, I post a profile of a local resident sharing where and what they love to eat in Jersey City. If you'd like to be featured, please leave a comment below or email mdirectly.

This week's JC Eater loves finding good craft beer in Jersey City and checking out food trucks. 


What's your name?
Michael


Where in Jersey City do you live?
The Village

Do you have a favorite non-food spot/area in Jersey City?
My house.

Do you follow a specific dietary lifestyle?
Nothing specifically

What are your favorite places to eat in your neighborhood?
I really like going to Third and Vine. They are so friendly and the meatballs are really good. I also liked going to The Citizen with their new wings, especially on 50 cent night. I am a little concerned they closed recently and hope they reopen soon.

What are your favorite places to eat in Jersey City overall?
Most of the time, my choices of eating revolve around beer selection. I am so thankful Wurstbar opened up because their beer selection is awesome and the sausages ain't bad either! 
I have to say Porta as well because who doesn't like beer and pizza? Ahri's Kitchen is another favorite.
Photo courtesy of Michael

Is there a particular dish in Jersey City that's your favorite or that you find yourself recommending over and over?
The mini bulgogi bibim rice from Ahri's. The mini is the perfect size and you have to get it hot, the rice gets a little crunchy around the sides and it's amazing.
Photo courtesy of Michael

What kind of restaurant would you love to see in Jersey City that isn't here already?
A Burmese place. I've had it before and it's a crazy mix between Thai, Chinese, and Indian food.

Any other info?
I created a site to track food trucks around NYC http://wanderinglunch.com and I have a youtube gaming channel https://www.youtube.com/user/peppage


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I've been following your blog for awhile and I'd like to be featured as a JC Eater. I've lived in Downtown JC for about 4 years. I am a food contributor for ChicpeaJC. I love checking out local restaurants. For the ChicpeaJC site I take popular dishes from around town and remake them at home, lightening them up and making them simple for anyone to try cooking themselves. I'm a big fan of your blog and my husband and I always like reading up on the food related news that you share!

    - Amanda Scrivani

    ReplyDelete