- Join Point Capital Development, Lucky 7's, and RDG Hospitality for the Lafayette Neighborhood Oktoberfest. The party begins at 12pm and runs through 8pm at the Baker Building, 234 Suydam Ave - there will be music, drinks, food from Mordi's Schnitzel, and more.
- This Saturday is the final event of the Jersey City Parks Coalition's Ward Series where the local community is invited to visit a park in each ward and come together over food from local vendors and chefs. They're finishing it off this Saturday with a special brunch at Arlington Park with help from Alex Sartoga of Garden Steaks. Tickets are $35/person and it begins promptly at 2pm.
- Gringo's Tacos and Chicpea are hosting a block party with a taco eating contest, pumpkin painting and other crafts for kids, and music all day. The party starts at 1pm.
- The JC West Side Chili Cook Off is back again for its third year of spicy delicious fun. One of my favorite events of the year, the Chili Cook Off is free and open to the public (although donations are appreciated) so stop by Lincoln Park between 12pm-2pm to taste a wide variety of chilis for a chance to vote for the People's Choice. The Farmers Market will also be up and running if you need to grab any last minute items for the week ahead.
- Left Bank Burger Bar and Mane Source Barber Shop are teaming up for Hurricane Irma and Maria relief this Sunday from 10am-6pm at 115 Palisade Ave. Left Bank will provide the food while Mane Source is offering up haircuts. All proceeds will go to relief efforts and they're also collecting a variety of supplies to ship including non-perishable goods, bottled water, flashlights, baby essentials and more.
- After celebrating their one year anniversary this week, Mathews is launching weekend brunch service and this Sunday is the inaugural run. Look for some brunch classics as well as a few dishes with a unique spin including some bruleed items!