Despite the cold, January is jam-packed with great food-friendly events so start planning your schedule and don't let the weather keep you inside.
- Join Barcade in celebrating National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day on Saturday, 1/14, where they'll be serving up pastrami specials and their exclusive Pastrami Pils, made in collaboration with Schmaltz Brewing Company.
- Sam a.m. is holding their supper club this week, 1/11 and 1/12, with an Italian Winter Warm Up theme. It's $36/person and reservations are required.
- Jersey Girls Food Tours, in collaboration with JC Day Trippers, is doing a special Decadent Day Tripper Tour with four stops in different parts of Jersey City on Sunday, 1/15, along with their regular downtown tours on Saturdays throughout January.
- Van Hook Cheese has four more classes coming up in January including one with Wurstbar on pairing cheese with barrel-aged beers on 1/17 and a whiskey and cheese pairing at Jersey Wine & Spirits on 1/26.
- Talde is holding their next Kamayan night, an all-you-can-eat-and-drink feast (this time with a holiday theme), on Tuesday, 1/17 for $65/person.
- On Sunday, 1/22, join Cast Iron Lofts in a "Pamper Yourself" day, running from 8:30am-1:30pm for a day of exercise, mini-facials, massages and eating with vendors like Squeeze'd, But-A-Cake, and more.
- Zeppelin Hall's Annual Bacon Fest is back again, running from Jan. 19th-Feb. 12th, with fourteen different bacon-focused dishes along with their regular menu.
- Lourdes of the Vine and Mana Wine are hosting their next wine-tasting class on 1/24, focusing on Malbec.
- On Saturday 1/28, local blogger Growing in Jersey City & Erin Kumpf Acupuncture & Herbs are hosting a day of all-around of health and wellness activities at the HCCC Culinary Conference Center with food provided by House of Gains and Squeeze'd along with swag bags and giveaways from local food vendors.
- The Jersey City Wine Fest is also on Saturday, 1/28 with a VIP session beginning at 5pm and General Admission starting at 6pm. Use code "jceats" for $25 off the VIP ticket and $15 off GA.
Stay tuned for more events!