If you're looking for ways to celebrate Easter in Jersey City, here's a round-up of what's happening and some good places to check out:
For Easter Treats:
- Salerno Salumeria is carrying homemade Pizza Rustica, otherwise known as Easter Pie. It's a traditional Italian Easter egg and ricotta-based dish stuffed with assorted salumi then wrapped in a sturdy savory pastry. This is one of the only versions I've ever seen in Jersey City.
- Milk Sugar Love will have chick macdaddy ice cream sandwiches filled with coconut ice cream and lemon cream.
- Cocoa Bakery will be open Saturday and Sunday for pick-ups of preorders and will also have limited amount of pastries and desserts onsite including their special cream puffs.
- Satis Bistro will be open for brunch from 10am-3pm and dinner from 5pm-9pm.
- Brightside Tavern will be serving brunch all day.
- Porta is hosting an Easter Egg Hunt for both kids and adults along with offering a special brunch menu.
- Taphaus is having an Easter Brunch Buffet from 12pm-4pm for $25/adult and $12/child. There is a free cocktail with purchase.
- Battello is offering a jazz brunch from 10:30am-3:00pm with your choice of a buffet for $49/adult and $20/child or a two course prix fixe menu for $39/adult and $20/adult. They're also offering a three course dinner with seatings from 5-9pm for $59/adult and $29/child. Reservations are recommended.
- Liberty House is hosting Easter Brunch and Dinner, both buffet style from 12pm-6pm for $55/adult and $25/child.
- 9 Bar & Cafe will be open from 9am-3pm on Sunday
- Torico will be closed on Good Friday, 4/14
- 9th and Coles will be closed on Sunday.
- Sam a.m. will be closed on Sunday.
Happy Easter Jersey City!