Pages

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Burger Eatery Closed; Now Vintage Burger



UPDATE:
More information is now available about the changes at the former Burger Eatery. After a disagreement, the partners in Burger Eatery have parted ways and the shop is being reopened under new management as Vintage Burgers. They have put up a new logo and are currently open, although more changes are forthcoming including a different menu. 



It appears Burger Eatery, 1st and Erie, has closed and is under new management.

While they have not issued any kind of formal announcement, a post on JC List said an "Under New Management" sign was at the cash register early last week. Within the next few days, a handwritten closed sign was posted at the door, the blinds were drawn, and it hasn't been open for customers since. Their website has been taken down and says it's under construction and their Instagram profile has been removed, but their Facebook page is still active where another post seems to confirm new owners have taken over.


Although there were complaints about the efficiency and pace at the store, they had a very strong following and during warmer nights, frequently had a line out the door. Considering their recent expansion plans, this news is especially surprising. As of now, the space is still set-up as Burger Eatery and no equipment or furniture has been removed. If anyone has more information, feel free to reach out. Otherwise, stay tuned for more details and updates on what to expect next.


5 comments:

  1. its now going under the name Vintage Burger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked it the way it was. I hope the new owner doesn't suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to the new Vintage Burger last night (8/29). I have to say it was a little disappointing. I always get the Erie street burger as I like the combo of caramelized onions, crispy pancetta, brie cheese, fig jam, and arugula. I ordered it to go and when I opened it up at home it was not what I remember. Patties a little overcooked, way too many onions and they were not very caramelized and the pancetta was not the thin sliced variety but the chunks. It was not crispy. They also forgot the arugula. I was starving and I ate it, but it did not sit well with me either. I have to say the quality and attention to detail is lacking. I miss the old joint. Don't think I will be returning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep- certainly seems like there is some cost cutting on some of the existing menu items. Definitely not the same caliber.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ordered the fish wrap and it took a ridiculously long 30 minutes to make. What made it worse it that there were only 3 other customers in the venue and it was two in the afternoon. The The wrap itself was small and tasted unmemorable and not worth the $10. The staff gave me a free diet coke because I waited so long, which I appreciated, but honestly the food was not worth it for me to try again.

    ReplyDelete