Happy 4th of July, Jersey City! Obviously, the major event is the Freedom & Fireworks Festival near Exchange Place (where there will be great food galore), but there are some other holiday and non-holiday events happening around town as well as quite a few closings.
- Pokay is celebrating their one year anniversary on Tuesday, 7/3 with a free poke taco for the first 50 customers.
- Join in for the Jersey City rally on July 3rd supporting our immigrant nation, part of a statewide group of rallies all day today in reminder that we are a nation made of immigrants. Beginning at 6pm on the Newark Ave Pedestrian Plaza, there will be speakers, music, and more.
- Mathew's is creating a special Bad & Bourgie BBQ menu that will be available at the restaurant from 7/3-7/8. Dishes will include Kobe Chili Cheese Dogs, Habanero Peach BBQ Ribs, Prime Rodeo Burger, Lobster Rock Shrimp Rolls, Pancetta Mac & Cheese, and Surf and Turf skewers.
- The Kitchen Step is having a day full of BBQ favorites on the 4th of July including burgers, fried chicken, potato salad, cornbread, and more. They'll be open from 11am-6pm and reservations are recommended, but not required.
- Liberty Prime Steakhouse will be open from 11am-11pm with steaks, sides, and more to help you celebrate the holiday.
- Ani Ramen will have DJ LUV spinning from 5-8pm on July 4th along with Luigi's ice cream truck onsite ready to give out scoops and make you an ice cream donut sandwich. Kids 12 & under will get a free cup or cone.
- White Star Bar will be opening both locations at 11am and they'll have some 4th of July specials including their special Chili Cheese Dogs.
|Photo from White Star|
- Froth on Franklin will be open from 7am-12pm only on July 4th.
- Modcup will be open at 479 Palisade Ave from 8am-12:30pm and their Harborside location will be open from 2pm-10pm. All other locations will be closed.
- Prato Bakery will be open until 3pm.
- Second Street Bakery will be open from 9am-1pm on 7/4 and will return to normal hours on 7/5.
- Choc-O-Pain will be open from 8am-5pm
- 9 Bar will be open at Greene Street until 6:30pm but closed at Erie Street.
- Harry's Daughter will be open from 2pm-1am for all your pre and post-party celebrations.
- Darke Pines is open on 7/4 until 4pm, stocked with burgers, sausages, hot dogs, and more if you're celebrating at home.
- Thirsty Quaker is open from 12pm-7pm and they're delivering up until 6pm for all your adult beverage needs.
- Departed Soles will have the tasting room open for July 4th from noon-7pm with a new IPA and a couple of gluten-free options on draft.
- Ed & Mary's will be closed on July 4th
- Korai Kitchen will be closed 7/4, but have normal hours 7/3 and 7/4
- Archer and Lo-Fi will both be closed on July 4th, but open regular hours otherwise
- Just BeClaws will be closed on 7/4, but will reopen with normal hours on 7/5
- Luna will be closed on July 4th
- FastBoy Delivery will be closed July 3rd-5th
- Frankie will be closed 7/4 to celebrate the holiday
- Pasta Dal Cuore is closed through Thursday and will reopen Friday. 7/6
- Tropix: A Taste of Guyana is closed until Friday, 7/6
- Corto is closed Tuesday and Wednesday, reopening Thursday, 7/5
- Madame Claude Bis is closed until Thursday, 7/5
- Ahri's Kitchen is closed 7/4
- Firehouse Blazing Pizza will be closed 7/4
- Latham House is closed from 7/2-7/8 for vacation, reopening on Tuesday 7/10 for lunch and dinner service.
- Left Bank Burger Bar is closed 7/4, but the truck will be available at the festival.
- Square 1 is closed through Thursday and will reopen Friday, 7/6
Stay tuned for more updates!