Pages

Friday, September 30, 2016

Get to Know JC Eater: Becca

Welcome to "Get to Know JC Eater" where, every week, I post a profile of a local resident sharing where and what they love to eat in Jersey City. If you'd like to be featured, please leave a comment below or email me directly.

This week's JC Eater is a fellow blogger who understands the value of a good bodega meal. 


What's your name?
Rebecca Falborn, but most people call me Becca.

Where in Jersey City do you live?
Downtown JC/ Grove Street Neighborhood

Do you have a favorite non-food spot/area in Jersey City? 
My favorite spot in Jersey City, where you likely can find me running/training for my half marathon or just admiring the view, is Liberty State Park.


Do you follow a specific dietary lifestyle?
I generally try to follow a paleo-friendly diet purely for the sake of personal health, but definitely eat all things bad for me on cheat days (and most weekends).

What are your favorite places to eat in your neighborhood?

To go out to dinner my top 3 are Roman Nose, Talde, and Hamilton Pork. For takeout you can find me devouring Chinese food from Food King Kitchen or City Diner's Disco Fries.

What are your favorite places to eat in Jersey City overall?
Hands down, Roman Nose, Talde, and Hamilton Pork.

Roman Nose, photo courtesy of Becca

Is there a particular dish in Jersey City that's your favorite or that you find yourself recommending over and over?
I have 2 favorite dishes in Jersey City from 2 different restaurants. The first one is the Blue Crab Fried Rice from Talde. I know it's supposed to be a shared or family style portion but I could eat (and have eaten) an entire order by myself. The second one is the Gramigna con Salsiccia from Roman Nose. The homemade pasta, fennel-pork sausage and rosemary cream sauce are literally to die for.

What kind of restaurant would you love to see in Jersey City that isn't here already?
I have been saying over and over again that we need more bodega-style deli's for breakfast, sandwiches, late-night-quick-grub-needs. Otherwise, the Jersey City food scene is up to par in my book!

Any other info you want to put?
I personally write my own food blog, concentrating on the amazing restaurants NYC, JC, and Washington, D.C. (where my sister lives) have to offer. I grew up in the tri-state area and have a passion for flavor. Having said that, I have no limit to where I will write about, if the food is above average and blows me away, a post will be written. Here's the link http://beccammendations.tumblr.com/ ! You can find Beccammendations on instagram as well!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reccomendations becca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Looking forward to seeing more JC post on Beccamendations!

    ReplyDelete