This Saturday 9/24, is the 7th Annual Hamilton Park BBQ Festival. Put on to help benefit the Hamilton Park Conservancy, this event features barbecue vendors from New York, New Jersey, and beyond along with handcrafted goods, live music, and more.
Since barbecue is one of Jersey City's underrepresented cuisines, the festival is particularly exciting. With such a food-focused event, there's always a lot to choose from and this year is no exception. Some of the vendors include:
- Dinosaur BBQ, known for their locations in Newark and throughout NY
- Hamilton Pork, Jersey City's own barbecue spot that opened up earlier this year
- Jimmy's BBQ from PA - one of the best places to grab a single rib so you have room for everything else.
- Ahri's Kitchen, ready with some Korean barbecue inspired dishes
- Delaney BBQ, a return favorite from Brooklyn
- Pet Shop, new this year and bringing vegan bbq options
|pulled pork sandwich from Jimmy's|
To help rounds things out, there will also be drinks and dessert - Milk Sugar Love and Baonanas will both be there as will Lizzmonade, The Hamilton Inn, and NJ Beer Co.
Whether this is your first time or you're a return visitor, here are some helpful tips that always come in handy:
- Go early - most of the festival is held on the streets surrounding the park and it gets very crowded, very quickly.
- Bring cash, sunscreen, water, and wetwipes.
- Go with friends to help get through all the BBQ you can
For more information (including the performance line-up), check the FB page.