Pages

Friday, September 23, 2016

Get to Know JC Eater: Sam

Welcome to "Get to Know JC Eater" where, every week, I post a profile of a local resident sharing where and what they love to eat in Jersey City. If you'd like to be featured, please leave a comment below or email me directly.

This week's JC Eater is an avid reader and taco fan.




What's your name?
Sam Howard

Where in Jersey City do you live?
I live Downtown. (I spent a long time trying to figure out exactly what my neighborhood was called, and downtown was as good as I could get.)

Do you have a favorite non-food spot/area in Jersey City?
WORD Bookstore! They have such a great staff, great selection, great events, and the honestly best chai latte I have ever had in my life. (It actually tastes like tea instead of those very sugary ones that most places make.)

Do you follow a specific dietary lifestyle?
I eat everything, which is to say, no. 

What are your favorite places to eat in your neighborhood?
I really like living so close to The Big Straw and Gia Gelato (those breakfast sandwiches have saved my life a few times).

What are your favorite places to eat in Jersey City overall?
Taqueria, White Star Bar on Brunswick, Sam a.m., and of course, Torico.

Is there a particular dish in Jersey City that's your favorite or that you find yourself recommending over and over?
I will probably make a face at you if you haven't had the barbacoa taco at Taqueria, picked up Baonanas from their Farmers Market stand or WORD.

What kind of restaurant would you love to see in Jersey City that isn't here already?
I just want a little less "new American" in the downtown area. There's a lot of that to choose from already, but have been excited about the new places popping up like Short Grain (finally! a place to get a Vietnamese sandwich).


Any other info you want to put?
If you're a commuter and a reader you should keep your eye on CoverSpy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment