- Big Chef, a long time Jersey City staple for Americanized Chinese food, has been replaced by East Village, an Asian bistro and sushi bar.
- Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is in the initial development stages to open a location at 499 Washington Blvd.
- Basically every pizza place in Jersey City is on this list of Best Pizza nominees. Cast your vote every day until July 2nd to get help get your favorite spot into the semi-finals.
- I'm sorry to report Komegashi is closing their restaurant on Montgomery Street this Friday, 6/30 after 27 years. The Newport location, Komegashi Too, and their ramen spot, Tokyo Station on Newark Ave, will remain open.
- Dark Side of the Moo has a special coupon for large orders available through July 3rd.
- Congratulations to Two Boots on celebrating 5 years in Jersey City.
- Atlas is hosting a Meet the Brewer and food pairing event with Brix City Brewing this Wednesday at 7pm. There will be 5 courses, all paired with Brix City brews, for $50/person.
- Miso Ramen has some new specials.
Outside Jersey City
- The Greenmarket has returned to World Trade Center after closing down after 9/11. The market will take place at Oculus Plaza and will run every Tuesday from 7am-7pm through November 21st.
- Wine Enthusiast has named Restaurant Latour in Sussex County one of the 100 Best Wine Restaurants in America for the 4th year in a row.